Library of Things
Unusual Items to Borrow
Items must be picked up from and returned to the Circulation Desk.
Loan periods and overdue fees vary by item.
Some of the many non-traditional items available for patrons to check out are listed below. A complete list is available in the Sharon Library catalog under "Library of Things - Sharon". For items specifically geared to children or young adults, please visit Youth Services Children's Library of Things page
Electronics and Technology
Kindle eReader - Loaded with popular fiction and non-fiction titles.
Roku - Watch on-demand movies and television shows with a Roku. All you need is a television set and a WiFi connection to watch hundreds of new releases.
Mobile Hotspot - With our T-Mobile hotspot, access the Internet from anywhere without a subscription.
- Some web content filtered by default
- Patrons must be 18 years or older and must sign a Borrower Agreement.
Smartphone Photography Tools Kit
Arts and Crafts
- Funded by a grant, Sewing Threads of Diversity, from the Library Services and Technology Act, and administered through the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners.
Crochet Kit and Knitting Kit - Complete with all the equipment including yarn generously donated by patrons.
Science and Learning
- Orion StarBlast 4.5-inch Astro Reflector Telescope with a zoom telescope eyepiece.
- Generously donated by the Aldrich Astronomical Society as part of their Library Telescope program.
Musical Instruments - includes tuner, case and a beginner's instruction book
Games and puzzles for all ages
Health and Well-Being
Alzheimer's and Dementia Memory Assistant Kit
- Includes Alzheimer's workbook, music CDs, picture and word cards, doll, puzzle, Nasco Pounding Board set
Wellness Kits from "All of Sharon: Community Conversations on Mental Health" grant program (2019)
- Anxiety Survival for Teens
- Anger Management for Kids
- Exploring Emotions
- Yoga & Mindfulness for Kids
- Coping Skills for Kids
- Worry Less for Kids
- How to Be Less Sad
- CBT Skills
- DBT Skills
- Intense Emotions First Aid
- Games for Emotional Growth